If you are planning to pitch at the Virtual 2020 ICVM Pitch-a-thon, please read ALL of the following!
How it Works
ICVM Distributors Pitch-a-thon: Friday, November 20th from 3 – 5 PM Eastern time.
- The 2-hour Pitch-a-thon gives you – the filmmaker, writer or storyteller -- the chance to pitch one-on-one to at least two distributors of your choice – just you and the distributor! There’s no additional cost to pitch your project here! You choose the companies taking pitches that you feel are best suited for your project. But it is FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. There are only about 20 slots per distributor, and they fill up quick – first people to sign up for the conference get first choice!
- You can pitch your finished product, or screenplay, book, TV series, documentary, children’s program, etc. for 5 minutes one-on-one. (If the distributor seeks only finished products, they aren’t looking for screenplays or books. See what they seek below.) Check to see what distributors are seeking to see who matches your project best. Research as well each one to see what they focus on and who best matches your project. The list will be growing up until the time of the fest.
FILM DISTRIBUTORS (Subject to Change Without Notice – Choose up to 2)
ACI (American Cinema Inspires) (Chevonne O’Shaugnessy)
Seeking: Female romances, family-friendly stories written by females and directed by females, 5 to 7 films per year.
BMG Global (David Austin)
Seeking: Finished Feature Films, Documentaries, TV Series, Children’s TV programming, Short Films, Church or Educational Programs, Comedy Programs – Christian content, family friendly, and content for all ages. Finished projects only.
Collide Media (Bob Elder, Steve Break, Brian Lange)
Seeking: Screenplays and Finished Projects, all types
Exploration Films (Stephen Penn)
Seeking: Finished Narrative Films, Documentaries or TV series only.
Giving Company (David Henriksen)
Seeking: Finished Product, or Screenplay based on Book or True Story; Also a Publisher (you can pitch a book manuscript)
Ocean Avenue (Chris Bueno)
Seeking: Finished Narrative & Documentary Feature Films
Parables (Isaac Hernandez)
Seeking: Finished products preferred, all types, but open to Screenplays
Provident Films (Ashley Chambless)
Seeking: Narrative and documentaries for both screenplays and finished films
Pure Flix (Linda Blazy)
Seeking: Finished Projects only – Narrative Features and TV series (no documentaries or screenplays)
Vision Video (Bill Carroll, Karen Rutt, and/or Bill Curtis)
Seeking: Prefer TV Programs (all types) or Movies finished or already in production, but will consider others
(more Distributors coming!)
How it Works
THE FIRST PITCHES WILL START PROMPTLY AT 3:00 PM EASTERN US TIME.
- The first pitch group will be allowed into each chat room PRECISELY AT 3 PM. Only people pitching for each time slot will be allowed to pitch.
- Each pitch group will go in every 5 minutes.
- You need to be online in our main chat room at least 10 minutes before your pitch session, so we can set you up to enter on time.
- You will have 5 minutes to pitch to your distributor. There will be a countdown clock in your chat room visible for at least the final minute. When it ends, you will automatically be removed from the chat room – so be sure to say your goodbyes and exchange any contact info beforehand. We can not extend any session. This will repeat until we have cycled through all the time slots.
USE YOUR TIME WISELY
- Your five minutes will pass quickly. For distributors, we suggest you have a 2-3-minute pitch to catch their interest and makes them want to read or hear more. Then spend the last two minutes getting feedback from them.
- You can pitch more than one project, but it’s not recommended. If you do, rehearse it to stay within your time. When time’s up, it’s over.
- You can show a video clip to them if you have a finished project or trailer. If you have video to use, have it pre-loaded on your device and ready to display. When you screenshare, there is an ‘Optimize Your Video’ button at the bottom of the page – CLICK ON THAT. If you don’t, your video will show weakly at 5 fps, with skipping and unsynched dialog a problem. Check with us beforehand if you need further instruction.
- That 5 minutes will go fast.
- No matter what happens, PLEASE SHOW RESPECT AND GRATITUDE TO THE DISTRIBUTORS. THEY ARE DONATING 2 HOURS OF THEIR TIME to take pitches from you. They don't have to do that. But they want to help give you the experience of pitching to a REAL distributor or publisher, the way it often happens in our industry. These are the heads of companies or acquisitions executives. They are at the decision-making level for their companies.
REMEMBER: Just about everyone at ICVM’s virtual conference is a filmmaker and storyteller – so don’t limit pitching your project to the Pitch-a-thons. Your project may come to fruition from connecting with a producer, director, or writer in the virtual halls, chat rooms, Popcorn Night sessions, our breakout connection rooms, or other networking opportunities!
See you at the 2020 Virtual ICVM Storytellers Conference!! We hope your experiences here are a blessing to you.